Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Dessert First"

Booking Through Thursday, 14.June
"Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
"And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted? "


I never - - but never - - peek ahead at my books. Well, there was yesterday, when I saw an intriguing chapter title further ahead in my book...and again while flipping to that page, a word on another page caught my eye, so I skipped ahead there, too...then there are the times when the book is so bad or so dull that I know I won't waste time finishing it, so I look at the ending. But, no! I absolutely, positively never peek ahead.
(submitted by Moon Rani)

2 comments:

Carrie K said...

Never? Never? [falls over].

And yes, I've been known to eat dessert first too.

Dorothy said...

I never read ahead. I like the mystery of the ending. Boring books I used to just stop reading, but I have made myself finishe boring books, just so I can say I finished it.