Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spiritual Sunday

"Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way."
Psalm 119:37

This verse has been useful since it jumped out at me during a daily devotional reading early this winter. I posted it near the computer to remind to stop wasting time on junk reading. I also think of it when I find myself tempted to watch junk television. As a reinforcement of this verse and as reminder of what I ought to do is this famous verse:

"...Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virture and if there is anything praiseworthy - - meditate on these things."
Philippians 4:8

I find it all too easy to fall into the habit of dwelling on the ugliness in the world, but these two verses stand as clear and bright markers to a better path for me to take.

No comments: